Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Contemplating a Revolt

Ever just wanted to throw your hands up and just hollar "enough already"!!! I think that officially, that is where I am now. There is soooo much to do and definitely not enough time to do it. Corey had drs appointments today and I had to work. I still have to go home and clean my bathrooms and finish that "L" word. Yuck! Then you just know that there will be little birdies in my house just chirping for food that I will need to miracously produce since I didn't thaw anything out. And, I have a luncheon at work tomorrow, dinner for Thursday, and a family dinner on Friday, all of which require my cooking. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to cook! That is one of my passions, I may just be the next Rachel Ray or Giada. Look out Food Network, rising star on the move! But, sometimes I just want someone to cook for me and me sit back and do nothing but burp, unzip my pants and settle in for some football through the back of my eyelids. HA! Dream on!! Actually, I am quite fortunate to have a very wonderful husband that takes direction well and will do as asked when prompted. This time of year just makes me a little crazy with all the self imposed requirements such as:

1. No one must be put out to bring anything to my house and therefore I will make a meal fit for a king and all his men.

2. The house must meet proper military/hospital cleanliness standards! Everyone in my house must stand by at1700 hours for instruction of duties.

3. I must supervise everyone like General McArthur and make everyone toe the line. Dress right.....Dress!

4. All holiday decor must be removed from it's proper box and hung just so....The president and his wife may stop by tomorrow for tea.

5. And if even one my military evolutions should go wrong....stand by to stand by.

Why do I do that to myself? Or bless their hearts, my family? Would it really be so bad if I just bought some ready made food from the deli for the luncheon? Will anyone truly notice if I just gave my bathroom a hit and a lick. I could always just close off the laundry room door and forget about it for a few days! And does each thing have to be put out just so? And lets not even discuss Christmas yet....Forward March!!

1 comment:

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

crissymouse and i are sitting here laughing at your post. you are soooo us during the holidays. crissy said that you make her tired reading your to-do list. you make me freak out about my own to-do list that is not getting done while i sit here and comment. lol

kimmi