Monday, November 19, 2007

Mondays

As I sit here and look out my window, it is a dreary, foggy/rainy and somewhat miserable Monday. And, I am tired. Bone tired. I have always been affected by the weather to some degree and I guess today is no different. Maybe it was just that it was a long weekend...I don't know. Corey, my oldest, has this illness that none of the doctors can definitively diagnose and he had a bad weekend. It just seems you make two steps forward and life pushes you one step back. Then, we have company coming Wednesday and of course, I have to work. So I spent my weekend trying to get my house ready. I will get to spend Wed and Thurs with them and then we will go to Montgomery on Friday for a huge family Thanksgiving (Mom's side). Then, my favorite cousin, Cathy, is getting married on Saturday. It is just going to be a long week and it has already made tired thinking of all I have to do. I think I need a vacation....somewhere warm, somewhere the white sand has palm trees nestled throughout, somewhere I can just lay on a beach and do a mental dump for a few days. ....Rainy days and Mondays always get me down. And yes, I know, that song will be stuck in my head all day now.

1 comment:

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

I'm sorry that ya'll had a rough weekend. This is a busy, potentially stressful time of year. I'm praying for peace and rest for you.