Monday, November 26, 2007

It's Just a Scratch

Well, another Thanksgiving has come and gone. I don't know whether to be thankful or sad or both. I had wonderful Turkey Day with some friends and then went to Montgomery to see family. Wow, we are a roudy crew! There was my Mom and Dad, Me, Dallas, Corey, Kelsey and Mitchell. Then my brother, Matt, his girlfriend Sherrie and their 3 children Shaylee, Kaylee and Maddison. And while we stayed in a hotel, we converged on my poor sisterApril's house with her husband Kelvin and their children Kj and Kellan. Bless her heart, I don't think her house will ever be the same!! We played cards, watched games and ate food. Who could ask for more than that!! We watched my cousin Cathy get married to a wonderful man on Saturday and got back on the road home. Let me just say, life is not necessarily pleasant when your huge Okie husband wants to see his game(and he can't) and you are getting caught in all of the Iron Bowl traffic so he can get home in time to watch the last 5 minutes. Thank heavans for Blackberry Web Browser. But we made it back safely and he wasn't too terribly grouchy. Now to why my blog is titled thusly....I fell earlier...slipped on a pile of wet leaves while getting the mail. I now have some bruised knees and a nice little scrape on my elbow. But that is just it, it is just a scratch. And so are our days on earth....just a minor scratch on the surface. Another scratch in the ripple of time.....another holiday come and gone.

2 comments:

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

i'm glad you had a good thanksgiving. tell your dad i said war eagle!! I think scott may have recorded the oklahoma game. i'll check. hope your scratches are better soon.

you're right about our time here. It's a ripple in God's pond.

kimmi

Crissy said...

A slightly melancholy post. Just a slight one. Good times always bring them on. I can't wait for heaven... good times that never end, no scratches and no traffic.

Makes me think of that song we used to sing in chapel:
Heaven is a wonderful place.
Filled with glory and grace...

I'll let you finish it. ;o)