Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Tricia Speaks

Well, one learns something new everyday! I am learning to blog. And, I am learning it from a friend that I haven't seen or spoken to in years, Kim. I heard from my best friend and sister from high school/young adulthood today and am in a state of anxiety. What do you say to the person that was your right arm for so many years and tears that you suddenly didn't talk to anymore? Did we just grow up and grow apart? Did I do something to cause so great a rift? Did life just get in the way? I have missed her in so many ways for so long. I have not had a best friend/sister since and have felt the biggest hole in my heart. Who to share my soul with? She knew ME. The REAL ME. The bad hair days, pimples, prejudices, faults, loves and all. God has a funny way of putting people in your path that are needed most and she has always been a part of my life when I needed someone/something the most. That makes me wonder, does God have a new plan for us? Has he heard my pleas for compassion and understanding and a cornerstone for my aching heart? Maybe I read too much in to things but I have prayed so long for God to give me a balm for the ache of the loss of our friendship. I have spent my whole adulthood to this point trying to find that same camaraderie and have always judged all those in my path by her yardstick and they always came up lacking. Only Kim knows of our forays into the nights in Leeds(the people eater has tape on his mouth....ask her). Only Kim knows of how much my heart wanted for something more in life and understood my need to find it when I joined the Navy. She congratulated me when I eloped with my husband when no one had ever met him, she allowed me to be a part of her own wedding(I introduced them), and cried on the phone with me at the birth of my first child. She listened to the endless complaints from me during my second pregnancy and nursed me through the recuperation after my third child. What do you say to that person? I missed you seems so inadequate somehow. What I do know, I am glad that God saw that I missed her and having decided that our ineptness was useless to him, put her back in my life. Thank you Lord for allowing us this opportunity and let us not waste it!